Blackmores Super Kids Multivitamin Chewables 60tab
Kids require a wide range of essential nutrients for normal, healthy growth and development. Here are some of the key functions of the ingredients in Blackmores Superkids® Multi Chewables:
- Support for healthy brain function (vitamin B3, zinc) and development (iodine)
- Antioxidants to support kids’ healthy development (vitamin C, zinc)
- Help support normal growth and development (vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12,C, D, folate, biotin, iodine and zinc)
- Help contribute to normal energy production (vitamin B3)
Children can often have poor eating habits, which may make them vulnerable to nutritional shortfalls.
Kids need sufficient energy and nutrients for normal physical and metabolic activities as well as to support growth and development.
Whilst a balanced and varied diet is by far the best way for kids to get their nutrients, it has consistently been found that picky eaters have less variety in their diets than non-picky eaters, therefore a multivitamin may help to fill some critical nutritional gaps.
Research undertaken in 2014-15 found that only one in twenty (5.1%) of Australian children were meeting the minimum number of serves of fruit and vegetables each day.
Children 2-12 years: Chew (do not swallow whole) 1 tablet a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Active ingredients per tablet
Zinc oxide (zinc 1 mg) 1.2 mg
Ferrous fumarate (iron 1.25 mg) 3.8 mg
Calcium hydrogen phosphate- anhydrous (calcium 5 mg) 17 mg
Magnesium phosphate (magnesium 5 mg) 24.2 mg Nicotinamide (vitamin B3) 6 mg
Sodium ascorbate (ascorbic acid, vitamin C 10 mg) 11.3 mg
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 10 mg
Total vitamin C 20 mg
Folic acid 50 µg
Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 750 ng
Manganese amino acid chelate (manganese 12.5 µg) 125 µg
d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate (vitamin E 15 IU) 12.4 mg
Biotin 25 µg
Potassium iodide (iodine 75 µg) 98.3 µg
Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3 100 IU) 2.5 µg
Thiamine nitrate (thiamine, vitamin B1 284 μg)) 350 µg
Riboflavin (vitamin b2) 550 µg
Pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6 534 μg) 650 µg
Retinyl acetate (vitamin A 582.5 IU, RE 175 μg) 200 µg
Calcium pantothenate (pantothenic acid, vitamin B5 1.5 mg) 1.63 mg
- Not suitable for children under 2 years
- Excess consumption may have a laxative effect
- This is a therapeutic product, not a lolly
- Always read the label, use only as directed. Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use
- Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional